- Al-Baath University has a central library in addition to the libraries of faculties and institutes.
- The Directorate of Libraries is responsible for all these libraries.
- The administration of the central library is responsible for the following tasks:
- Providing the information services for the teaching staff, undergraduate and postgraduate students and other researchers in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Compiling and organizing master’s and doctoral theses to be available for the beneficiaries.
- Facilitating access to information containers that other university libraries could not get .
- Entering the data of central library holdings to the automation programs of library management.
- Carrying out technical procedures to organize, preserve and define information containers.
- Departments, units and halls of the central library:
- Supply department:
it represents the library gateway to information containers which are professionally selected to suit the different segments of the university, organized and transferred to the department of cataloging and classification with speed of completion to place them in the hands of the readers as quickly as possible.
- Cataloging and Classification Department
:it carries out the technical processing of the information containers provided by the supply department according to the Dewey Decimal Classification system.
- Periodicals Department
:Periodicals are considered one of the most important and recent sources of information that researchers need, especially in academic libraries for the recent scientific contributions they provide.
- Special Collections Department:
this department includes the following collections: The university theses as the department saves, organizes and arranges these special collections materials on the shelves and supervises their use by researchers in the hall designated for reading and photocopying, as lending these materials is limited to the rules of loan. The student whose thesis is approved by the faculty hands over two copies of it to the special collections department to be registered and transferred to the department of cataloging and classification.
- Lending Department:
it provides loan services to university members, including students, teaching staff and employees.
- Information Technology Department:
it follow up the development of automation systems for university libraries and programs to keep pace with technical advances.
- Distribution, Gifts and Exchange Department:
it sends the university publications to universities, scientific, cultural and educational institutions.
- Manuscript Department:
Due to the great importance of Arabic manuscripts as an Islamic heritage of great interest in the field of contemporary scientific research, the Directorate of Libraries has established a section concerned with Arabic manuscripts on 1/5/2009. It comprises manuscripts photocopied from those held at some libraries of Syria. The section contains a collection of manuscripts that are rare in terms of scientific content, technical situation, historical aspect or all of them, which proves the greatness of the Islamic manuscript heritage.
- Press Information Department:
It is a press archive concerned with collecting, organizing and preserving press clippings of topics related to regional, internal and international politics, sports, etc. It derives the information from daily newspapers. The clippings are considered significant sources of information that is not available in other sources such as books, periodicals and others.
- Supply department:
Titles of books in faulty libraries: