Differentiationof a master’s degree in postgraduate studies at Al-Baath University
The student applies to the announced master’s differentiation provided that he fulfills the following conditions:
- 1- To have at least a good grade in a bachelor’s degree from a Syrian university or its equivalent
- To pass the foreign language exam to register for a master’s degree from any higher institute for languages in government universities. The language proficiency certificate is valid for three years from the date of obtaining it.
- To fulfill other conditions stipulated in the announcement of differentiation.
The differentiation between the applicants is done on the basis of the student’s GPA. The Higher Education Council sets the rules of differentiation between the applicants from Syrians and the like to register for the master’s degree, provided that the number of students admitted annually in each specialization in a particular department does not exceed three times the number of faculty members in that department
Postgraduate Master’s Degree
Registration in the first year
The student, after being accepted as a result of the differentiation, prepares the documents required for registration in the master’s degree, which are checked by the Directorate of Scientific Research and Graduate Studies, and then completes the registration procedures in the Graduate Studies Division of the college to which he was accepted, within the period specified for registration
In order for the student to enter the exam, he/she must have fulfilled an attendance rate of not less than 90% of the total hours allocated to the course, otherwise he will be denied entry to the exam. The department council may, in cases of necessity, accept the student’s entry to the exam if he/she has an attendance rate of not less than 75%, in accordance with the regulations set by the college council. The final mark for the exam consists of two parts, one of them is for the academic year’s work, practical or oral, and the other is for the written exam, based on the college’s postgraduate system. The minimum score for success in each course is 60% of the final mark.
Registration of Master’s dissertation
The student chooses the topic during the second semester of the first year from among the research topics, set annually by the college to be registered under the supervision of one or more supervisors, and it is required that the primary supervisor be from the faculty members at Al-Baath University. The student prepares the research outline and conducts a seminar in the presence of the head of the department , members of the department council and specialized faculty members, during which the research outline is presented, after passing the exams for the first year courses and the issuance of the results by a decision of the college council. The student shall make the required modifications to the research outline in order to present it again in the registration seminar The student is given a period of three months to register the research starting from the date of announcing the results of the exams for the first year courses, and this can be extended up to three months by a decision of the university council
Differentiation of Postgraduate Master’s for medical faculties, informatics engineering, architecture engineering.
The documents required to apply for the Differentiation:
- 1- A copy of ID card or a copy of civil registry document, recently issued for the Syrian student
- 2- The Palestinian-Syrian student applies with a copy of the civil registry document specifically, newly issued, and the temporary residence document is not accepted.
- 3- Palestinian refugee students after 26/7/1956, who are specifically children of Syrian female citizens , submit their identity certificate and the documents required in item 4
- 4- Children of Syrian female citizens residing in Syria submit a document proving their nationality, in addition to a document sequencing the basic education stage (the second cycle), the secondary stage and the first university stage in Syria, and a copy of the mother’s identity card and a residence permit for her during the period of her son’s study in Syria.
- 5- A certified copy of the graduation certificate for the university degree that includes the student’s GPA and and estimation, or an approved graduation notification from the university for students whose graduation certificates in 2018 were not issued by Syrian universities, including the student’s GPA and estimation
- 6- A certified copy of the General Specialized Studies Certificate that includes the student’s GPA and estimation, or an approved graduation notification from the university for students whose certificates in 2018 were not issued by Syrian universities, including the student’s GPA and estimation.
- 7- Foreign language proficiency certificate to apply for a master’s degree
- 8- A bank notification of the payment of the advance in the approved banks for the applicants to parallel differentiation
- 9- A bank notification of the payment of the advance in the approved banks for the applicants to differentiation of the vacancies of Arabs and foreigners.
- 10- A bank notification of the payment of the parallel advance and another bank notification of the advance payment of the vacancies of Arabs and foreigners for those who applied to parallel education and vacancies of Arabs and foreigners.
- A detailed transcript of the non-Syrian bachelor’s degree, duly certified and translated if the transcript is issued by a foreign country, and that the secondary certificate is compatible with the bachelor’s degree.
- A certified copy of the non-Syrian general specialized studies certificate and duly translated if the certificate is issued by a foreign country, attached to a copy of the Syrian equivalency decision and a copy of the license to practice the profession in Syria
- A document from the General Command of Army and Armed Forces (Martyrs, Wounded and Missing Affairs Office) for applicants to the differentiation of the families of martyrs, wounded and missing people in accordance with the above-mentioned conditions.